There are 0 players online.
Play.the-ingot.com

PENDING Allowing Donors to put their /light in their offhand slot

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by finziez, Jul 8, 2018.

1. finziez

finziez New Member Registered

SECTION A - Details
    1) IGN: finziez
    2) Server: Skyblock

SECTION B - About the suggestion

1) This is an in-server suggestion.
    2) When I received my rank [ultimate] I was given access to /light, which allowed me to have a torch that removes shadows and gives night vision. It's a cool feature, but it would be much more useful if I were able to use it in my offhand slot for building, fighting, etc. since it would give a better source of light.
    3) It would have to be a donor feature since only ranked players have access to /light.

2. xBA8Tx

xBA8Tx New Member Registered

Well, this may not be added to the server because the server has different version that players can play on. So if a player is on the version 1.12 or higher (I do not know what version that has offhand slots, but I think it is 1.12 and higher) they have the offhand slot in their inventory, but if another player is on version 1.8 - 1.11.2. They will not have the offhand slot so the server makes it so all the players will be even. It is the same thing with Right-clicking with a sword in your hand the players with a high version get a shield in there off hand, but the players with the low version get the regular sword block defence. So this is one of the things the server MIGHT NOT be able to do. :D

3. PyrePanther

PyrePanther Administrator Administrator

Dual-Wielding (using your off hand) was added in 1.9. However, the server is in 1.8. This meanings any mechanics, blocks, items, etc that were added in 1.9+, does not exist on the server. Shields also do not exist on the server. However, if you use a 1.9+ version, you will see sword blocking represented as a shield.

4. xBA8Tx

xBA8Tx New Member Registered

So I was half right but half wrong. That's ok